borderland n : district consisting of the area on either side of a border or boundary of a country or an area; "the Welsh marches between England and Wales" [syn: border district, march, marchland]
Borderland may refer to:
- A geographical space or zone around a territorial border
- Borderland (Enterprise episode), a fourth-season episode of the science fiction series Star Trek: Enterprise
- Borderland (film), a 2007 film starring Brian Presley
- The Borderland Series, a series of anthologies and novels edited by Terri Windling
- "Borderland", the originally-published title of Australian poet Henry Lawson's popular poem, Up The Country.
- Borderlands (video game), a videogame developed by 2K Games.
Berlin wall, Pillars of Hercules, alentours, ambience, ambit, arena, back country, backwoods, bailiwick, bamboo curtain, beat, boondock, boondocks, border, border ground, borderlands, brush, bush country, bushveld, circle, circuit, circumambiencies, circumjacencies, circumstances, compass, context, demesne, department, domain, dominion, entourage, environing circumstances, environment, environs, field, forests, frontier, frontier post, gestalt, habitat, hemisphere, hinterland, iron curtain, judicial circuit, jurisdiction, march, marches, marchland, milieu, neighborhood, orb, orbit, outback, outpost, outposts, outskirts, pale, perimeter, periphery, precinct, precincts, province, purlieus, realm, round, situation, sphere, suburbs, surroundings, the bush, three-mile limit, timbers, total environment, twelve-mile limit, uninhabited region, up-country, vicinage, vicinity, virgin land, virgin territory, walk, wasteland, wild West, wilderness, wilds, woodlands, woods